Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Road Warrior Retires...sort of

I am no longer a road warrior. I made a life decision to leave my high flying job to stay put and focus on the most important job in the world. In Michelle Obama’s words, I am now a “Mom-in-Chief”. I’ve been thinking about it for a while and it was the right decision to make not only for my family but for me too. I am beyond happy.

So, I won’t be flying all over hell’s half acre, crisscrossing time zones and hitting 14 countries in three days. I’m telling you this on the basis of full disclosure. I started this blog to talk about stuff I was reading while I was on the road and, well, I’m not on the road anymore. However, I’m still reading!! And, since I won’t be travelling, I should be able to dedicate some time to getting into shape. In the spirit of the blog, I will remain a road warrior except I’ll be trading in my frequent flyer status for running shoes. So, the Road Warrior’s Library will continue. Although, come to think of it, I can’t really read and run at the same time. Oh well, I’ll figure it out. I should have a bit more time on my hands...

0 comments: