Monday, December 20, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good

Oh hey!  It's so good to see you!  It's been so long.  I've really missed you.  But, I didn't know how to get started again.

Sounds like getting back together doesn't it?  Well, that's sort of how I feel about this blog.  It's been almost one year since my last post.  Even though our relationship has been uneven, in truth, I love this blog.

One of the biggest challenges I've had is that when I started this blog I was in a completely different place in my life.  I was the VP of marketing for an international software company.  I was spending 50-60% of my time on the road.  Books were one of my survival mechanisms and writing about them also became an important coping tool for dealing with how tired I was and how much I missed my family.

When I stopped, the very purpose of this blog ceased to exist.  I tried to keep going but things were different.  I was different.  I wasn't reading as much.  I was actually having conversations with people about the books rather than having to share them online.  We had really just grown apart.

Over the last couple of months though, I have been feeling the pull to start writing.  Maybe because, through Twitter, I've been exposed to some really cool people with great blogs and unique perspectives on the world.  I've virtually met lots of readers who like to share their views on books.

So, here I am, getting back together with this effort of love.  At the end of the day the one thing that hasn't changed is that I love books and reading.  It may be a bit rocky getting back into the swing of things but I'm excited about it again.  That hasn't been the case for a long time.

I made a list of the all of the books I've read this year that I could possibly write about and there are about 20 or so.  I don't know if I'll write about all of them but I'm happy to have the content and inspiration back again.

0 comments: