Sunday, August 05, 2007

Backlog

Not that I am complaining, but since I stopped traveling for the summer, I am woefully behind on my reading. Aside from my obsessive mission to complete Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I have been slacking off - focusing my attention on my backlog of Chatelaine and Today's Parent magazines. As a result I have quite a backlog stack of books building on my nightstand.

Here's what I have:
A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Housseini Small Island, Andrea Levy Disgrace, JM Coetzee The Memory Keeper's Daughter, Kim Edwards A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby Soul Mountain, Gao Xingjian The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafon Wicked, Gregory Maguire

So, I had an idea. I want you to tell me what is on your nightstand that you are waiting to read and I am going create the "Nightstand List" on my blog and rotate it. Post them as a comment here or send them to me by email. I'll try and feature a new list each week.

I probably won't start traveling again until the middle of September so I have some work to do to make a dent in my nightstand stack. I'm taking another crack at
A Thousand Splendid Suns. I'll keep you posted and I am looking forward to seeing your Nightstand Lists!

1 comments:

Nikki Gore said... [Reply to comment]

Here is our first Nightstand List from my aunt Sharon in Montreal. She always has a stack of books in the wings and is largely responsible for my Nightstand list.

Hi ya

Okay, here is my night table reading list.

Eldes - Christopher Paolini
The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
Honor Among Thieves - Jeffrey Archer
Paula - Isabelle Allende
The Way The Crow Files - Ann-Marie MacDonald
The Alchemist - Paul Coelho
The Joke - Milan Kundera
Until I Find You - John Irving
Moby Dick - Herman Melville
The Pianist - Wladyslaw Szpilman
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen (re-read)
Going Along - Women's Adventures in the Wild - edited by Susan Fox Rogers
My must reads by the end of the year are:

Eldest - because Sam lent it to me and I want to finish quickly;
The Three Musketeers and Moby Dick - these are my New Years resolution books.

I'm sure that along the way I will pick up more to put on my night stand. This list certainly doesn't include what I have on my bookshelves that I still haven't read